by Tom Guillette, Facilities Manager
The Co-op maintenance department is a service organization dedicated to the success and satisfaction of all Co-op staff, members and community. Our responsibilities include maintenance, operational improvement of buildings, grounds and mechanical systems (heat, A/C, refrigeration); custodial care; and engineering support. The magnitude and diversity of demands placed on the department create special challenges; we work hard in solving these challenges and the areas of effective liaison and communications with the Co-op community.
Our staff members are our most valuable asset. Each individual is a team member who contributes to the decision-making process. We seek creative and innovative solutions to meet both internal and external customer needs. We set high service standards, and promote the personal growth of our staff through education and training. Please visit our “Getting to know us profiles”.
The goals of the maintenance department:
1. Train and develop staff to perform the duties of the department in a professional manner.
2. Expand, execute and manage comprehensive preventative maintenance programs which protect our financial investments at each location.
3. Operate and maintain all mechanical systems to a standard which ensures reliability of service.
4. Perform day to day cleaning, maintenance, repair and upgrading of the existing physical buildings in a manner which strives to meet the expectations of the Co-op staff, members and community.
5. Control costs through management of departmental resources; and the introduction of new technologies and methods.
6. Develop, promote, implement and maintain an effective energy management program.
7. Provide consultation and information regarding facilities and maintenance matters to store managers and Co-op management team.
8. Comply with all applicable statutory, code, health and safety regulations.
Co-op staff, please take a moment and help us understand how we may help you better. Print out this pdf file and submit it to any supervisor, HR, or directly to the maintenance department. Results will be posted.
Have some thoughts you’d like to share with our maintenance department? Got a question? We’d love to hear from you! Please email us your suggestion or question or fill out our comment form. Want to sign up to receive Co-op updates by email? Join our list!