Above, a video recommended by Co-op Dietitian Mary Saucier Choate. What can the Co-op Dietitian do for you? Read on!
by Mary Saucier Choate, M.S., R.D., L.D.
Dietitian and Co-op Food and Nutrition Educator
Here Are 10 Ways You Can Benefit
1. Clear answers on nutrition questions: reading food labels, sodium, good fats/bad fats, and more.
2. Gluten free foods: how do I find them? Get a free GF store tour.
3. Safe food handling, including after power outages, after the use-by date, etc.
4. New product health claims: Is this product safe to use? Does it really do what it claims?
5. What does this additive /ingredient/preservative do in the food? Is it safe or harmful?
6. Trying to follow a diabetic, cardiac, low sodium, vegetarian, or other special diet? Need guidance for pregnancy, nursing, or for feeding children, teens, or seniors? Get expert information on how to meet these nutrient needs.
7. Dietary supplements information (Also see our Health and Beauty Aids staff and in-store reference kiosk.)
8. Diet books/pills/ fads. Do they work? Are they safe?
9. Bring a fun nutrition class into your child’s classroom.
10. Pesticides, GMOs, organic vs. conventional: what’s the real story?
Call: (603) 640-6342 to get connected!